Atlanta Septic Tanks Information
The city of Atlanta is located in Fulton County. The Fulton County Health Department is charged
with licensing and inspecting all septic tanks in the county. That includes the city of Atlanta and surrounding
towns and rural areas within the county.
How To Find A Reputable Atlanta Septic Tanks Contractor
1. First talk to your neighbors and if they have septic tanks, ask if they know
who installed them.
2. Also ask them if they have had their tank pumped out and who they used?
3. Did they act professionally when they were at their home?
4. How much did they charge?
5. Did they recommend how often the tank needs to be pumped out?
6. Write down the information and then check them out on the Better Business Bureau.
7. Did you just buy your house through a Real Estate agent? Ask them if they can
recommend a reputable septic tank contractor they are familiar with. Again check them out on the Better Business
Unless your particular septic tank is a newer one and has a special filter it should only need to
be pumped out every 3 to 5 years. If the septic water backs up into the home at any point that needs to be looked
at by a septic system professional regardless of how long it has been since the last pumping.
So beware of contractors that pump septic tanks telling you your tank needs to be pumped every 6
months or something like that. That is simply not true and no reputable contractor would tell you that.
Ask any prospective contractor how long they have been in business in the county. Ask them for
references of people in your area they have done work for. Try to get quotes from at least three different
In closing let me just say that any Atlanta Septic Tanks contractors that appear on advertisements
here should be checked out as I have mentioned above before you hire them. If you call some of the contractors on
the Better Business Bureau site, ask them questions as well.
Directory of Atlanta Septic Tank Contractors And Dealers...